Dr. Elliott Sherr and his colleagues are recruiting children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) to participate in a study to identify biomarkers in ASD. The team is investigating a family of proteins in the blood that may be associated with the social and behavioral deficits observed in ASD.
- Children 12 months or older with a diagnosis of ASD
- Children 12 months or older with a sibling diagnosed with ASD
- Children 12 months or older with a developmental delay
- Parents and siblings of participant may be asked to participate
- One blood draw
- In-person cognitive testing and assessment
- Completion of behavior and development by parents
The estimated time commitment per participant for the entire process is 2-4 hours total. For their participation, families are compensated $20 for each blood draw, $30 for each packet of completed neuropsychological measures, and $30 for the in-person clinical testing. We will also happily cover your cost of parking at UCSF.
If you are interested in participating, please complete our online intake form so we can obtain your contact information as well was preliminary information about your child: http://tinyurl.com/ucsfasd. We will review your response and get back to you regarding scheduling.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact:
http://brain.ucsf.edu/research-studies (Biomarker Discovery in Autism Spectrum Disorder)