Our team emphasizes treatment and support to:
- Reduce Challenging Behavior often associated with autism, such as rigidity, disruptive behaviors (screaming, repetitive speech), and noncompliance (not following directions, unable to stop an activity).
- Build Social Communication and Play Skills in young children with ASD using a naturalistic behavioral approach
- Improve Peer Interactions by offering social skill programs to teach children how to make and keep friends.
- Improve Adaptive Skills to promote independent living and increase quality of life. Skills addressed are based on individual needs. Adaptive skills may include: Toileting, dressing, hand washing, teeth brushing, completing chores, improving homework habits, and interview skills.
- Manage Emotional/Attention Concerns (e.g., Anxiety, Depression, ADHD) to address issues such as low self-esteem, worries, fears, sadness, inattention, or understanding the diagnosis.
The therapy models that are used in our center are evidence-based. These treatments include:
- Applied Behavior Analysis (Pivotal Response Treatment, Early Start Denver Model)
- Structured Teaching (TEACCH)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
For families residing outside of the Bay Area: